Format is a 2-day (public or private) interactive workshop
Class Size is a minimum of 6 up to a maximum of 20
Ideal Attendees are teammates starting an agile journey with Scrum or looking to boost their existing implementations. Individuals likely to work with or on an agile team will also find value.
Successful Scrum for Teams is a 2-day workshop that provides a solid foundation in Scrum while giving an opportunity to dive into advanced concepts.
Participants learn the skills required to participate in various roles of a Scrum Team and effectively deliver on sprint goals. Advanced techniques can be covered to assist in delivering earlier and often within sprints and to help deepen the focus on continuous improvement.
The training blends key principles from Lean and Agile with deep dives into their key process frameworks: Scrum and Kanban. All Lagom Solutions classes have a heavy emphasis on experiential learning through interactive activities and simulations to help participants translate theory into practice.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use a common vocabulary of key agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe.
- Explain and perform the key responsibilities of defined Scrum roles.
- Visualize the work of the scrum team and manage it effectively to achieve sprint goals.
- Break large work items into valuable increments that can be delivered quickly.
- Design and execute process improvement experiments on a regular cadence.
- Why Agile?
- Scrum Fundamentals
- Definition & Uses
- Underlying Theory
- The Sprint
- User Stories and Epics
- Scrum Team Roles: Product Owner, Development Team, Scrum Master
- Sprinting Effectively
- Four Sprint Events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Three Artifacts: Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment
- Capturing and Reviewing Common Scrum Metrics
- Adopting an Iterative, Evolutionary Approach to Improvement
- Advanced Scrum
- Making the Workflow(s) (more) Visible
- Valuing Finishing Work over Starting Work
- Valuing Pull Systems over Push Systems
- Valuing Explicit Policies over Implicit Policies
- Measuring and Managing Flow
This course can be adapted to your needs. Reach out to discuss customization!
For those seeking scrum certification, all training and exercises on scrum will align with the official scrum guide. You can register for certification tests following the class through the certification provider Scrum.Org.